Why Join Us?
This opportunity benefits your career development as it might trigger the start of a career path you have never thought of! We are only anticipating an hour of commitment each week and a bi-weekly meeting for one and a half hours. Ultimately, working with PATA Capilano University Student Chapter, you will be involved in a number of developments that pushes for responsible and sustainable tourism.
Please note that no previous experience is necessary! Although it is an asset, we welcome ALL skill levels. The only requirement is that you are a Capilano University student.
We have weekly/biweekly meetings that all members are requested to attend. These meetings are based on that semester’s member availability and will be determined at the beginning of each semester.
Public Relation Team
Director of Public Relations
The communications team manages all aspects of internal and external communication between the faculty and students within Capilano University. The team is often in contact with the Pacific Asia Travel Association headquarters. They ensure that the executive team promotes and abides by the mission statement and values associated with the university, Pacific Asia Travel Association, and the United Nations World Tourism Organization. Duties include but are not limited to writing press releases and facilitating media materials.
- Prepare press releases for both internal and external distribution.
- Create press releases regarding events, initiatives, and contests the chapter holds.
- Facilitate the creation of media materials.
- Create presentation materials and documents for PATA HQ.
- Familiar with Gmail, proficiency with MS Word is a plus.
We’re looking for a CapU Student to join our team as our Secretary. As the Secretary, you will be in charge of recording the minutes for every meeting, taking attendance, and keeping the team on track with the agenda. The secretary will assist with the following:
- Support the executive team with planning and organizing the chapter’s activities and initiatives.
- Prepare the meeting agenda for team collaboration.
- Record the minutes and attendance at each meeting and upload them to our team software.
- Oversee the email account.
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint), including word processing, spreadsheet, email applications and occasional website maintenance, is a plus.
Event Assistant and Coordinator
We’re looking for a CapU Student to join our team as our Event Assistant and Coordinator. The Event Coordinator assists with all event-related duties as outlined by the Director of Events. The Event Coordinator will help coordinate the event’s development, organization, and promotion. The Event Coordinator will assist with the following:
- Assists with all event-related duties as outlined by the Director of Events. The Event Coordinator will help coordinate the event’s development, organization, and promotion.
- Assist in the development of potential events through collaboration with the chapter.
- Work with the UN SDGs to help create event concepts that align with the chapter’s initiatives.
- Coordinate event logistics as required by the Director of Events.
- Ensure PATA CapU attends events from PATA HQ & PATA Youth
Marketing & Social Media Team
Director of Marketing/Social Media Team
We are looking for a director Social Media Team to make our social media to help us build the chapter brand identity online through content and visuals representative of the brand and its products or services.
- Managing the online representation of the brand through our social networks (WordPress, Instagram, Facebook)
- In charge of chapter messaging and engagement with connections online.
- Create and promote the social content
- Develop the strategy and tactics behind the content.
- Maintain and update the chapter’s social media pages ensuring all content relates to the chapter’s initiatives and UN SDGs.
Social Media Specialist
The marketing assistant is to include helping in the creation of new social media infographics and posts, implementing new marketing initiatives, creating new content ideas, and supporting the UN SDGs through chapter events.
We’re looking for a student to join our team as a Website specialist in developing our website further. As the Website Specialist, you will continuously update the website’s features and design a functional layout. You will collaborate with the entire team to edit it as per their feedback to design a practical website experience for the business and its viewers.
- Collaborate to elevate our online content to reach a larger audience
- Generate thoughtful and meaningful content in accordance with PATA’s goals
- Keep our website up to date with current content
- Partake in initiatives, activities and meetings
- Learn and grow alongside your PATA peers
- Plan and implement ongoing website development tasks
- Investigate and resolve any technical issues
- Oversee website performance
Director of IT
We’re looking for a CapU Student to join our team as our IT Director. As the Director of IT, you will continuously update the website’s features using the WordPress software and design a functional layout. You will collaborate with the entire team to edit it as per their feedback to design a practical website experience for the business and its viewers. With this volunteer position, you will gain essential skills in web design and have a valuable resume builder!
- Collaborate to elevate our online content to reach a larger audience.
- Generate thoughtful and meaningful content in accordance with PATA’s goals.
- Keep our website up to date with current content.
- Partake in initiatives, activities and meetings.
- Plan and implement ongoing website development tasks.
- Investigate and resolve any technical issues.
Director of Financial Team
We’re looking for a CapU Student to join our team as our Financial Director. As the Director of the Financial Team, you will track and oversee the chapter’s finances and cash flow management while limiting risks to the organization. The position offers students the opportunity to develop experience and skills in financial management that will be noted on their transcripts and co-curricular record.
- Create and present up-to-date financial reports detailing costs and cash flows
- Assess, review and protect the financial well-being of the chapter
- Analyze the financial costs and benefits of the proposed project.
- Contact sponsors to seek financial support and partnerships
- Basic knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet software and financial statements is a plus.
We’re looking for a CapU Student to join our team as our Financial Specialist. As a specialist, you will work with the Director of the Financial Team and provide financial advice, develop financial models, and assess financial risk for our chapter.
We are always looking for General Members! General members are champions of sustainable and responsible tourism, helping to support the various subcommittees of our student chapter! Through this role, you will assist us in any way that interests you. This role is an excellent way for first-year students to make new friends while getting experience in a field of your choosing. This role can be tailored to your specific interests. Contact us for further information!
Explore our open positions and Contact us to join the team!
Missing a position you think we need? Contact us!